For 4 people:
500g spaghetti or linguine
200ml coconut milk
250g fresh spinach
1/2 pumpkin (I prefer Hokkaido)
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1 bunch of spring onions
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel the beetroot and cut it into bite sized cubes; cook them in salted water for about 10 minutes. Drain the water and add 2 tablespoon desiccaded coconut and a small piece of butter and mix it well.
2. Cut the pumpkin in cubes (1 cm) and slice the garlic finely. Chop the onion and spring onions and put the spring onions aside in a bowl. Pluck the leaves from the spinach and put them aside.
3. Heat up olive oil in a saucepan or wok and add the onions, garlic and pumpkin cubes. Roast it for 3 minutes while stirring, add half of the spring onions and roast for another 2 minutes. Cover with coconut milk and 150 ml water and slimmer for 10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft; add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Boil the pasta in a big pot until it is aldente. Meanwhile pour the pumpkin coconut sauce in a blender and puree until creamy (you can also use a high container and a hand held blender). Add the spinach leaves in the saucepan and stir for 1-2. minutes. Afterwards add the sauce from the blender and mix it well.
5. When the pasta is done, drain the water and mix it with the pumpkin sauce in the saucepan. Arrange the pasta on plates and decorate with the beetroot-coconut cubes and the remaining spring onions. Enjoy!